1. Let us SAY NO TO THE STATE RELIGION OF PAKISTAN. But, how to say such a No? The best, effective and meaningful way to say such a NO would be to introduce an amendment in the Article 2 of the Constitution of
“2. Islam to be State religion. Islam shall be the State religion of
2. On considering the point as mentioned herein below paragraph - 3, the said Article 2 of the Constitution of Pakistan, 1973 should be amended as under:
“2. No religion of State. Religion shall have nothing to do with the business of State; and that the Parliament shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”
3. Point for consideration of amendment as proposed herein above Paragraph - 2 is as under:
Should the State have Religion? No. The reason is simple. You will agree that human beings have religion and that animal, bird, fish, and institutions including State and tools and etc., have no religion. Thus you will agree that Article 2 of the Constitution of
4. The Constitution of Pakistan, 1973 is not free from the poison of religious bigotry, extremism and fanaticism; and that it is rooted in the Article 2. The point of concern is that till today, no Member of the National Assembly belonging to any political party, have deemed it fit and proper to even point out such a poison. It can be said with sure, if we succeed to amend that Article - 2 as proposed herein above paragraph – 2 we would purge that poison out of the Constitution, which would help us to further flush it out of our society.
5. I hope you would consider my proposal with due care and attention and would agree with it; and that you would help me by all your means by exercising your influence upon Members of National Assembly so that the amendment as proposed herein above paragraph – 2 may be made in the manner as prescribed in the Constitution.